Thursday, January 19, 2012

i have to share


After working 5 days in a row (someone has been on vacation, I normally work 3), I have been a tired mama. Then this afternoon was kinda blah...kids fighting, throwing all out fits over who got to push the baby doll in the toy stroller, not cleaning up their toys and me threatening to throw them away, not eating their dinners...then on to the evening routine and fits over brushing their hair, teeth, and more over that damn darn baby stroller...a pretty typical evening?

But there were a few bright spots. Like when we played "airplane," where I lay on the floor and put my feet on the kid's tummy and hold their hands and lift them in to the air...and tickles, lots and lots of tickles. Then me and the kiddos snuggled in to A's bed (Shaun was working tonight) and reading this before bed and having the kid's burst into giggles every time I said "hoobie doobie." Then the kisses and snuggles that come before tucking them in.

After the childrens, as Shaun and I call them, were sleeping tight, I plopped on to the couch and started going through google reader. I read this post on Karen Russell's blog and decided to check out the article. As I was reading it, it started to make me cry. A good cry. She hit the nail totally on the head.

Then I came to share it with you all, and I hope that you will share it with all the mamas you know:)

1 comments:

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

Thank you for sharing!

Mums in Norway have the same issues, so it's obviously an international phenomenen...