A long time ago, when Shaun and I were first learning to cook, we made lasagna. It was very time consuming to make, and although delicious, we knew we probably wouldn't be making it again. Enter my Mom years later. She made lasagna for us and it was so so tasty, and she convinced us it was super easy to make. And it is...you don't have to cook the noodles beforehand even:)
1 lb ground beef
2 jars of your favorite spaghetti sauce
12 lasagna noodles
32 oz. (or whatever the big container is) of ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 jars of pasta sauce.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix together, eggs, ricotta cheese, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese.
3. Prepare a lasagna baking dish or a 13x9 dish by spraying with cooking spray. Cover the bottom with a thin layer of the sauce/meat mixture.
4. Place 4 noodles on top, then cover them with some of the meat/sauce mixture. Place half of the cheese mixture on that. Cover with 4 noodles. Then more of the meat/sauce mixture, then the rest of the cheese, then the remaining 4 noodles and the remaining sauce/meat mixture.
5. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour. After that, uncover and sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1/4 of Parmesan cheese and bake for 10 more minutes!
I love this because it makes so much! I usually freeze half of it for another time...it freezes quite well!