Sunday, November 20, 2011

midnight rooster

I was lucky enough to be asked by Tobi of the Midnight Rooster Kit Club to be November's guest designer. Of course I said YES!!! She puts together such lovely kits, with fun fabric and fancy pins, and an amazing mix of patterned paper, and November was no exception. Meet A Random Story:
Here is what I created with the kit:
As soon as I saw the glittery My Mind's Eye paper, it made me think of A's Halloween costume:)
See how pretty one of the pins included in the kit is? I added some twine from my stash to complete the page;)
For this page, I used the envelope the pins were sent in to house the manila tag. I printed things about Miss A at 6:)
I used this tutorial to do the chevron pattern (which I will definitely be doing again, love the outcome!!!)
I wanted to showcase lots of the pretty patterns from the kit, so I mimicked the stripes from Aislynn's jacket in the photos.
I came up with a card using the sweet little wood houses from the kit:
For my final project, I wanted to make a teeny album of the silly things Aislynn has said over the past year. I went through my facebook statuses and little notes in my purse to find the things I have jotted down/documented.
I still have quite a bit from the kit, so I hope to squeeze out another layout and card:)

Thanks so much, Tobi, for having me this month!!!

6 comments:

justem said...

hooray!! i was so excited when i saw you were the guest!! :)

SnapScrapRepeat said...

Ooooo....love it all! The chevron pattern, the typed up tag, and all the little houses...yummy! What a sweet kit. Going to have to take a closer looksee....!

Unknown said...

Wonderful! Love how you've tucked pins under the flowers!

Shel said...

Cool kit! I am heading over to check them out! I love your little chevron design. I am going to have to try that!

LG said...

Seriously!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR STYLE!!!! Im a huge fan Pam!

beckyjune said...

It's such a cute kit and you did a beautiful job!