"Kierbo" is 7 months today, eek! I can hardly believe it! Here are a few things about Kieran at 7 months:
- he has become quite the babbler. His vocabulary includes "da," "ma," "ba," "ga," "blah," and "mmm." he will go on and on mixing up these words or repeating the same one over and over. Today he kept saying "ma ma" over and over again and then when I repeated it back to him, he would squeal with delight:) Just about made my heart melt:)
- is eating 2 meals of solids a day, but not all that interested. He usually finishes his oatmeal in the morning, but at night (rice cereal with a veggie or fruit) he leaves some left in the bowl. He has tried carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, peaches, and bananas.
- Really is starting to loves to play. Toys with music, texture, or lights entertain him the most. Eventually though, he tries to eat any toy he was playing with:)
- His little sense of humor is budding...peek-a-boo is hilarious. Pretty much anything Aislynn does is really really funny to him. He just started doing this thing when he sees Shaun, but Shaun isn't looking at him and he makes little noises to get Shaun's attention. When Shaun finally looks, Kieran smiles SO big and gets really excited (you know how when babies get excited and they move their arms and legs and wiggle up and down-that is what he does!). He is also ticklish under his chin (just like sissy!) and under his thighs and his belly. LOVE LOVE LOVE his laugh:)
- Is on the verge of really becoming mobile, i.e. crawling. Right now he scoots, rolls, etc. to where he needs to be, but he has just recently started to get on his hands and knees, but then he doesn't know what to do next:)
- Just starting to get into his 6-9/6-12 month outfits
- Will turn over to his tummy sometimes at night. I still put him down on his back, but I love when he turns over because he sleeps a lot longer on his belly!!
- is starting to get to the stage (stranger anxiety) where he needs Mama, Dada, or sister in sight. If he doesn't see one of us, he starts crying...the little lip quiver cry (which is so pathetic and sweet looking:) ).