Happy Monday? Maybe? For us, K-man has a fever that reappears every time the Tylenol wears off. The only time is is content is when I am holding him...poor guy. I sure hope he feels better soon.
Today I have some blueberry muffins to share with you. I based this recipe from a Smitten Kitchen recipe, but "healthied" it up a bit...honestly? I really liked them how I made them, as well as Shaun. Kieran didn't each much of anything yesterday because he wasn't feeling well, but Aislynn didn't like them. I think they tasted too healthy with the whole wheat flour? Ha!
(makes 9-10 muffins-I followed the original recipe to make this amount because I don't need a gazillion muffins laying around)
5 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
3/4 cup plain non-fat yogurt
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup to 1 cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin tin with 10 liners or spray with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well, then add yogurt and lemon juice.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Dump about half of flour mixture into wet mixture and mix until combined. Dump remaining flour mixture into wet mixture and mix just until flour disappears. Gently fold in blueberries.
5. Fill cups about 3/4 way full, nothing more. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until tops are golden and a tester inserted into center comes out clean (there might be blueberry on it, that's fine).
And then you can do what I did, which totally cancels out the healthier substitutions, and smother your warm muffin in butter and devour it:)