Monday, August 8, 2011

make it monday: pina colada popsicles

Today I wanted to share the perfect summer treat, one that doesn't last long at all in our freezer. Seriously, these babies are gone in a day. I think I may need another Popsicle mold;) The first time I made pina colada popsicles, I wasn't happy with the flavor. I searched for a pina colada recipe and decided to omit the alcohol and pour the mix into the molds. I found a recipe from one of my go-to recipe blogs, Annie's Eats and adapted that recipe into one that works for the popsicles. Just try these...trust me;)


















Pina Colada Popsicles (adapted from Annie's Eats)

Makes 6 large popsicles

3/4 cup cream of coconut
3 tbsp milk
3 3/4 cups chopped pineapple (you can use fresh or frozen, I usually do a mix of both)

Throw all ingredients into a blender, mix until fairly smooth. Pour into molds and freeze for at least 4 hours before gobbling up;)

**edited to add: This is the cream of coconut I used:












Coconut cream is not the same as coconut milk, so I don't know about subbing it (although I think the main difference in them is the fat content?). I found this in the Mexican food aisle in my grocery store, close to the coconut milk, but also check the liquor section, there might be some of this by the rum;)

3 comments:

Shel said...

Is coconut cream the same as coconut milk in a can in the Mexican food aisle?

Lilith Eeckels said...

I am definitely going to try this! Thanks Pam!

SnapScrapRepeat said...

Goya is the ONLY kind of coconut cream I use - and this recipe is probably going to put me back on a piƱa kick! Great way to wrap up this summer. Yum!!