Sunday, April 11, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

I have been wanting to hit up the Farmer's Market on Saturday mornings for a couple months now and finally got the chance this weekend. You see, they close at 1 and we are usually lazy in the morning and usually don't venture out until after lunch:) It was smaller than I thought it would be, but still a REALLY cool experience. It is so neat to talk to the people that grow your food. I wish I had brought more cash with me, I could have gotten chicken, eggs, milk, butter, cheese, etc. Aislynn enjoyed all the samples...particularly strawberries and there was one stand with baked goods:) Here is what we got: Whole wheat veggie bread (Kieran really likes this, but A and Shaun aren't fans), cucumber, bell pepper, strawberries (these were soooooooo good and they looked so pretty too-the lady had just picked them the day before!), mixed bag of salad greens (that were picked that morning), a strawberry sweet onion (they plant them where the strawberries were planted-this was really good and actually smelled good), and a chocolate ganache cupcake-which was pretty much devoured after I took this picture:) Everything tasted so fresh and yummy and I can't wait to go back next week!! I just wish there was more stuff:D Afterwards, we took a walk on the beach and I was totally kicking myself for not bringing the camera, but at least I got to just enjoy the moment:)
I was taking pictures of some layouts, and the little guy was making a mess in his room:) He likes pulling everything off the shelves:)
I keep blocks in that red bucket and he dumped them out and was having the most fun banging his hands on it:) He wouldn't even let go when he was crawling around:)
She was reading. It is amazing how good she is reading now. She is paying attention to punctuation, and her sentences sound more smooth. I find her in her room with a big stack of books on her bed and she is reading. Or every time she goes potty or we leave to go somewhere, there is a book. Or when I am doing something in Kieran's room, she grabs a stack of his books to read.
Then she decided to dance. This is another "right now" thing. When there is music (or not), there is dancing. And she totally doesn't care who is watching. I love that:)Kieran some how managed to crawl underneath the crib, which didn't bother him at all..he found a book:)
Soooooooooooooooooo cute:)
And I saved the best picture for last-thanks Candi and then Shel for inspiring this shot:) I totally got lucky, most of them have Aislynn smiling and then a big K-blur. I got lazy on the rounded corners:) Oh and I don't know if I ever said here or not, but Aislynn isn't doing soccer. She decided she didn't want to do it...I think all the boys scared her:) She said she just wants to play with Dad and maybe play on a team when she is 5:)
And here are the latest scrappy creations that have been sitting on my desk:
This was a lift of an old layout of mine, wrapping up my last challenge layout!
That's all for now, hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

3 comments:

SnapScrapRepeat said...

simply perfect.

a nice relaxing regular kind of weekend with wonderful smiles and moments thrown in for good measure...i love all the fresh colors!

What a perfect shot of the kids together; I can't wait to see what you do with it ( I would use the blurred ones too - on a LO!

I am so glad to see you scrappy - all I need is that little push to get me back - I think you have done it!! AWESOME!

Brynne said...

I love the pic of the two of them, his smile is soooooooooooo darn cute with his little teeth showing. A is reading so well, what a smart girl. That cupcake sure looked yummy. I love her pink skirt that must be the one you told me Shaun let her get when you told her No :)

Mrs. Weddle said...

nice pictures :) i totally get you on the blurred boy shots, they never stop moving :)