Monday, April 4, 2011

c25k

I started week 5 of the Couch to 5K program (also known as c25k) today and after my run I felt so amazing I had to share this. I have attempted dvd's and other various workout programs in the past but have not stuck with them. Funny that the most simple and maybe boring thing is what I have been happiest with...simply running. On the 3 days I run, I look forward to it so much. After I get back from taking Aislynn to school, I ask Kieran if he is ready for our walk and he runs to the fro-er (stroller) all excited. He is content to be riding along and says hi to anyone that passes us and occasionally glances up at me and says "Hi Mama!" Last Friday he kept saying "ready, set go!!!"  But last Wednesday he kept saying "coo coo head," so he's not always so encouraging;)

The feeling I get after I am done is one of empowerment, accomplishment, and peace. I feel like I did something and even though it might seem silly to some, to me this little 30 minute span of running/walking makes me feels zen-like. It is a huge stress reliever and it is now integrated into the routine. I can't see myself stopping this, at least in the near future. I am slowly but surely becoming addicted to running:)

I love the quote above because I have been wanting to become a runner for awhile now. I have always been good at making excuses or saying I will when....then enter in some vague time in the future. But I started and I am so glad I did. 
A year from now, I know I will be even so much happier that I did.

3 comments:

Shel said...

See? Now you are inspiring me to keep going! You and I are going to be Hot-Mommas if we can keep up our running!!! Yay, us!!!

SnapScrapRepeat said...

I'm so proud of you! I'm not a runner like Chato is, but I adore biking. It is my ambition to get back to it (and cross my fingers that I get one for my birthday!!)

Sherri said...

Good for you Pam! I've been thinking about trying to get into running this year too. I'm currently talking a few fitness classes a week. I especially love the cardio, and find it a little addictive. I'm always sad when we have to move to abs or weights, cuz I feel I could just keep going with the cardio. So I thought maybe there's a runner in me somewhere wanting to be let out :) I'm nervous about it though... how did you start out?