Monday, April 25, 2011

make it monday: egg salad

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend!!! We did and I am still working on editing the pictures, but wanted to get something up here:) I am going to try something new on the blog...designating each day to a specific type of post and see if it works for me or not. I have definitely been in a blogging slump this month, so maybe this will kick me out of it. So today is Make It Monday. I might have a recipe (like today!) or a craft, tutorial, or a link to something I want to make some day. So here goes...
I thought this egg salad recipe would be appropriate since you probably are like me and have tons of dyed eggs and want to do something with them. This recipe is one of the first recipes I collected when I first did weight watchers in 2006. 
***
Egg Salad

6 large eggs
2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
2 tbsp reduced calorie mayonnaise
1/2 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp paprika

1. Place eggs in a medium saucepan and pour in enough water to cover them, set pan over high heat, and bring to a boil. Boil 10 minutes, drain and place eggs in an ice water bath.
2. When eggs are cool enough to handle, remove shells. Discard yolks from 2 of the eggs. Cut remaining whole eggs and whites into 1/2 inch pieces.
3. Transfer eggs to a medium bowl. Add chives, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, and paprika...mix until blended.
***
Come back tomorrow to see what is on Tuesday:)

1 comments:

SnapScrapRepeat said...

I'm intrigued...what could Tuesday bring if Mondays have all the good DIY ideas? Hmmmmm....

I'll be back to see! :)