Saturday, January 1, 2011

1.1.11

 Happy 2011! I hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve. We got a bottle of champagne just hung out and talked. The kids went to bed around 7-7:30ish. Aislynn and I made these crowns out of pipe cleaners and she wore hers for most of the day but Kieran wouldn't leave his on even for just one picture! So Shaun had to wear it, hee hee:
 I took this picture today of the kiddos playing in Kieran's room. For the story click on the one frame a day tab above. I am going to do this twist on Project 365. I am going to keep up with it as best as I can but I WILL NOT stress if I miss a day...or week...
 For dinner tonight...burgers, homemade french fries...and for dessert-brownies. Aislynn was supposed to go to a last minute birthday party this afternoon but it was storming so bad plus there was a tornado watch, and I really didn't want to lug both kids into town during the horrendous weather. She was kinda bummed, but she was totally okay with it when we said we would make cheeseburgers and homemade french fries...with brownie sundaes for dessert. Yep...I guess we are postponing the usual it's-the-new-year-lets-eat-healthy-now resolution. At least for a couple days...I like to start things on a Monday, ha ha:)
 
This was earlier in the week, Mimi and Papa came over to exchange gifts with us. They gave Aislynn a unicorn pillow pet, which she loves:) K got the pictured "Ta," which he loves...  
The next day I took Christmas down with the exception of the lights outside. Before our tree we had Aislynn's art stuff and her little table in the space, but she wanted to keep it in her room, so I pulled out some shelves and the kids books and made a book nook. I love it:)
 
Aislynn got this storefront from Grandma and James. While Kieran napped the other day, we played store and she wanted her store to be called Aislynn's Publix, lol. Oh, and see the unicorn? According to the cashier, she rides it to work everyday. And don't by the corn...it's poison. Apparently a wicked queen put it there. The muffin of the day was an interesting flavor of French Vanilla Coffee Cilantro...it's delicious, I'm told.
And here is a page I can finally share. It was in the December ScrapStreet issue.
  
So obviously I have been playing with my blog:) And I know I am wishy-washy, but I decided to go back to just one. I think I will blog more and I will mentally feel like I have less to keep up with:) I took this class to help me with some stuff, and I recommend it. The first part of the class I didn't really go through because I am pretty familiar with the workings of blogger, but as far as the design stuff goes...that was super helpful.

4 comments:

SnapScrapRepeat said...

How delightful and fresh! I love the blog's new look. I haven't had a chance to click on the tabs yet, but I'll do that next!! I have to say the story about A's new store is wonderful!!! You should think about having her make her own book, take pics of the scenes and publish it through one of the online photo companies!!!! Oh my gosh that would be so cool!!!

I looks like the new year is shaping up great. I can't wait to see what happens next!!

Sarah said...

Keep sharing your crafts and recipes! I find it inspiring. :)

Sarah H.

Shel said...

Now you have me thinking about changing my blog to a cleaner look. It's kind of obnoxious right now, but I'm so overwhelmed with trying to get it into book form via blurb that I haven't thought about changing it in awhile. Not having a working form of photoshop is a prob too, isn't it?

Love the new look!

Brynne said...

Happy New Year, I just love the crowns, poor Shaun, ha ha