Thursday, January 27, 2011

valentine's day wreath

After our yummy gumdrop wreath we made during Christmas, Aislynn wanted to do one for Valentine's Day, so this is what we came up with:
Here's how we made it:

1. Gather your supplies: glue (we used tacky glue, but I think a hot glue gun would work great, if not better), a wood floral wreath, ribbon, and valentine's day candy (We used conversation hearts and jubilee hearts. We also bought gobstopper hearts, but they didn't work to well-make sure you use candy with a flat back.).
2. Tie the ribbon around the wreath so that you can hang it.
3. Eat some candy:)
4. Place a dot of glue on the wreath and place a piece of candy on the glue...hold it down to make sure it stays put. Continue until the entire wreath is covered.
5. Let dry overnight. Hang it up! Ta dah!

On a side note...NONE of the conversation hearts in our bag said hug me or kiss me...weird, huh?

3 comments:

Shel said...

First of all, that wreath is adorable! I am all thumbs with glue guns. I have 2 and they both scare me. I've burnt myself so many times, it's crazy!

Secondly, I don't know where I read it, but recently I read something that said every year they "retire" several old sayings on the Conversation Hearts and add new ones. So, maybe they have retired "hug me" and "kiss me" to be replaced by the stupid ones like "fax me" and "text me!" LOL

SnapScrapRepeat said...

How cute! That is interesting that the hearts didn't have the typical sayings. I guess times are a changin' and the wordage is growing and morphing. What were some of the ones that stood out?

Carol said...

what a fun project for the kids...cute cute cute ;)