Friday, January 7, 2011

granola and bruschetta pasta

She was super tired this week. I think being out of school for a couple weeks and then getting back in the swing of the old routine has been a bit tough on her. Today she didn't go to school because when she woke up she was complaining of a sore throat, head ache, and stuffy nose. Then miraculously, about an hour later...she felt better, hmmmm...

 I haven't shared any yumminess in awhile, so here are a couple things. This granola:
is sooooo insanely good. Like when I first made it and I kept inventing reasons to have to go in or walk by the kitchen so I could eat some. Add some honey and greek yogurt and you have a delicious breakfast. And it tastes so so much better then store bought granola. And it is ridiculously easy to make. I couldn't find any pumpkin seeds, so I added more sunflower seeds and almonds.

Then there is this Bruschetta Pasta that I made for dinner tonight. Again, yum yum:)
 The kids weren't fans, but I will definitely be making this for lunches for the grown ups. Again, really really easy. And it's pretty, isn't it? I left out the capers because I don't like them.

Planning on trying out some new recipes next week and will hopefully wrap up my December Daily album to share as well:)

3 comments:

Shel said...

That looks really yummy! I love capers. In fact, I just made a yummy chicken piccata yesterday with capers. I think I would keep them in.

The granola looks yummy too. We always buy the BareNaked granola and toss that into yogurt!

Thanks for sharing!

SnapScrapRepeat said...

I don't blame A one bit. I would stay home in a heartbeat if I had a momma to care for me like you do! Makes me wanna ask my momma if she will come spend the day at my house! :D

Bring on those recipes and December daily. I can wait!!

Melissa said...

Haha, the famous "one hour sickness" that conveniently occurs right before school. too funny.